Thursday, March 7, 2013

The One Day in A Woman's Life When She Should NOT Experiment with Self Tanning... AKA: My One and Only Self Tanning Mishap (Jergens Natural Glow - Month 1)










So... I'll admit that I'm a complete novice when it comes to self tanning. I am naturally a shade caramel that varies depending on the season (and my exposure to the sun), and in general, I'm okay with that. I'll admit, there are times during the cold winter months when I look at my limbs and am shocked at how "pale" they appear, but I suppose in my case, it's all relative.

The one time I did experiment with self tanning, was quite by accident and really at a most inopportune moment in my life. Yes folks, it was on my wedding day. See, "what had happened was..."
My hubby and I were married in Las Vegas. No we didn't elope at some roadside quickie chapel (though there's absolutely no judgement from me if that's your thing). We had a very nice ceremony with our families present and everything. It was quite beautiful, especially given the fact that it was planned in less than a month.

In the whirlwind of planning an out of state wedding (and getting married in general), I failed to pack body lotion. I discovered this once we arrived at our hotel and sent my soon-to-be husband to the the closest store to buy me some. I don't recall whether I gave him a specific request or not, but (bless his heart) being the thoughtful gentlemen he is, he picked the most expensive bottle he could find, thinking that it must be the best. Turns out it was a gradual self tanning lotion, which at the time I actually saw as fortuitous, seeing as we were getting married in the dead of winter and I was wearing a strapless dress. I figured it was the perfect way to add some color to my complexion and really shine in my wedding photos.

Oh, my dress! It was absolutely gorgeous! The first one I tried on at the first shop we went to-it was a beautiful full length, off white, silk/satin number from Ann Taylor. I totally envisioned carefully storing the dress and preserving it for my daughters. Unfortunately, my inexperience with self tanners got the best of my dress...

I had only been using the lotion for two days when I made the mistake of applying it, right before I put on my dress. How I did not notice the gradual staining of my hands before I noticed the orange/brown streaks that were now on the sides of my dress, I will never know. But I was relieved that I could conceal the stains if I strategically placed my arms just so. So a minor mishap, on a very major day, sort of scarred me on self tanning... until now...




I've been extended the wonderful opportunity to test out Jergen's newly reformulated self tanning products, The Natural Glow Collection, and over the next few months, I am going to share my experience with them with you! The Collection includes:

3 Days to Glow Moisturizer: gives gradual color, while allowing you to jump start the tanning process, by giving you a skin tone one shade darker in just 3 days!

Daily Moisturizer: creates natural looking, gradual color coverage, that is not only streakless, it contains Jergens break-through, patent pending technology that eliminates the traditional sunless tan odor! It also nourishes the skin, so that your skin looks healthy as it glows!

Daily Moisturizer Sunscreen for the Face: Protect your face from the suns harmful rays with this daily face moisturizer with SPF 20, all while adding natural, even color to your skin. It's gentle enough for daily use, in fact if you want to intensify your results, you can apply it more than once a day!

I'm really excited to see the effects of this self tanner on my complexion, and now I have the added benefit of knowing that I really need to wash my hands after each use!
NEW Jergens® Natural Glow Moisturizer provides the same great, natural-looking color but without the sunless tanner odor!

Do you have any embarrassing self tanning mishaps? My inquiring mind wants to know! Plus sharing your story can mean winning a $250 Visa gift card! Until next time...
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jergens Skincare®. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.