Thursday, November 14, 2013

She Said What Now? NickMom's Kids Say the Darndest #MotherFunny Things

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.


Yep... that's my Kenziekins, draped in like, 20 pairs of my underwear. She went through a phase where every chance she got, she ransacked my lingerie drawer and set about putting every single pair of panties I owned...over her head. Yeah. Wore them all around her neck like necklaces or something. Lasted for months. But at least she was cute with it and it was in the privacy of our own home {well, until I took a picture of it and posted it on the web for the whole world to see}. Now that there is such a thing as NickMom and NickMom.com, at least I know my kids aren't the only little weirdos out there {but of course Nickelodeon didn't come out with it until I was on my third and last kid}...



Another one of Kenzie's more interesting ensembles...

Honestly, both of my littles are quite funny-they do cute, quirky things all the time...

Can you even stand the cuteness of this picture?!?

And a lot of those moments are captured on camera. It seems like Lo has been posing like a super model since in utero and Kenzie is still trying to learn how to work the camera {both facts are made evident in the above picture}. But there have been moments when even London has been caught off guard by the flash of the camera...

Not her best smile for the camera...

And Kenzie... well let's just say, any look we catch on camera is better than this one...

I suppose this is what we get for interrupting her meal to take a picture...

But when it comes to kids saying funny things, the winner, hands down is my oldest, Peyton...

The time Peyton dressed as a pink pirate princess to get a dozen glazed Krispy Kremes for free...

Even though she's 13 years old now, it's her antics and funny sayings from when she was younger that make me {and others} crack up to this day.

There was that time, when she was about 2, and she and I were riding in the car with my parents and brothers, and she says out of NOWHERE, "what the H&!! was that?" She said it with such seriousness and with such appropriate {and surprisingly adult} emphaticness {I might have just made that word up, but y'all know what I mean}, that instead of being concerned that she just cussed, we were all trying to figure out what it was that she saw.

Then there was the time when she was about 3, when we were attending a large religious convention at an arena. She needed to go to the restroom, so as was our custom, she used the potty first and then I went after her. It was after lunch and the ladies room was beyond packed, with a line going out into the hallway. As I pulled down my skirt, Peyton took the opportunity to LOUDLY ask me, "Mommy, why are you hairy down there?" I've never heard a room that noisy go that silent so quickly. There was an audible gasp from somewhere and then laughter erupted. I was mortified. I deadpanned a quick and easy answer to her (something like that's what happens when you become a woman) and tried to figure out the best way to get out of there. 

Then there was the time we were at the same sort of religious convention {another year however} and she said {in the bathroom once again}, "Why are there so many white people here?" Extra emphasis on the white. Couldn't take that kid anywhere {well at least not into a public bathroom}...

So yes, kids say some #MotherFunny things. And while they were not quite as humorous to me at the time, they sure were funny to my friends when I told them about them, and they're hilarious to me now. Sometimes we need that bit of comic relief in our day, because lord knows being a mom is STRESS FULL. If you're ever having one of those days, where nothing seems to be going right, and you just can't seem to find the funny in your own children, there's always NickMom.com , their "Kids Say the Darndest #MotherFunny things page and even their Facebook page. It may not be comical to you when your kid calls you fat {especially since THEY'RE the reason you're fat you could stand to lose a few pounds}, but you may get a chuckle when you read about somebody else's precious little one saying it to them. And it always feels better to know that you're not alone in the craziness.

What are some #MotherFunny things your kids have said? You got to laugh at my misery/embarrassment, it's only fair that I get to laugh at yours! Leave a comment below and tell me a doozy. Until next time...