Monday, December 23, 2013

"Want That Hair" with Pantene! (Part Deux)



Yesterday, I shared the bounty of goodness that I received from Pantene to create my perfect festive hair. and today is time for the reveal! Did I go curly or straight? What products did I use? 



From the Truly Natural collection, I opted for the Clarifying Shampoo {because it's been about two weeks since my last wash day and I've used quite a bit of product in my hair between then and now #dontjudgeme}. It smells great and left my hair and scalp clean, yet not stripped of it's natural moisture {which is hard to find with a clarifying shampoo}. After that I used the decadently thick and creamy Deep Conditioner - I have to tell you, my hair felt like silk after rinsing it out {I left it in for about ten minutes}, and it made detangling my hair a breeze. After I stepped out the shower, I was tempted to go ahead and use the Defining Curls Styling Custard, but...


 I was still on the fence as to whether I was going to go for a curly hair style or straight. So I grabbed the Pantene Ultimate 10 BB Creme {a product I've been lusting over ever since I first saw an ad for it in a magazine. I don't even know how I hadn't managed to buy it thus far, but I'm certainly glad I have it now! I mean... BB Cream for you hair?!? Come on!} This magic cream moisturizes hair so that it can be easily styled and is free from static and flyaways {super important for curly girls}, helps to prevent damaged ends, and provides 10 benefits for your hair: 

  1. Repairs Rough Hair
  2. Adds Strength Against Damage
  3. Adds Silky Softness
  4. Adds Brilliant Shine
  5. Smooths
  6. Adds Moisture
  7. Gives Frizz Control
  8. Offers Heat Protection
  9. Improves Manageability
  10. Tames Fly-Aways

 I divided my hair in to four sections and applied a generous amount of BB Creme to each section, I then flipped my hair upside down and wrapped it in a old t-shirt to help it dry, preserve my curl pattern {in case I wanted to keep it curly}, and to give my roots some added volume {a good thing whether I was staying curly or going straight}. I was so pleased with how my curls looked after I unwrapped my hair, I decided to stay curly! I applied a very healthy amount of the luscious No Crunch Curls Whip Moisturizer/Styler and then flipped my hair again to spray it with a generous amount of the Flexible Hold Hair Spray {because I want my hair to stay looking this fab for as long as possible!}


Excuse my grandpa sweater and pajama pants, I always do my hair first, and then decide what to wear based on how it turns out!
 And here are my results!


I was so enthused about how awesome my curls looked, I snapped this picture without even bothering to put on makeup!

How could even think about straightening or manipulating these curls in any way- they look FANTASTIC! I added a little shine/shine with a dollop of the Shine Serum with Argan Oil { from the Truly Natural collection} and finished it with a spritz of the Kera Gloss Oil Mist and I was good to go {you know, if I was actually going anywhere}. I do know that this was a killer combination for my curls and I will definitely be following this routine again and again to achieve this look again. I may have had natural hair all of my life, but I'm surprisingly low maintenance with it - I'm a "wash and go" girl through and through. So it's great to know that there is a line up of products that will get me great results with minimal effort. Pantene, the World's #1 Hair Care Brand, is dedicated to keeping every woman's hair healthy, shiny and beautiful, and now I see the truth in that firsthand! Until next time...
























































I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.