Monday, July 28, 2014

Unlimited Talk Text and Data/Web for $34.88 a Month!?! AKA: Walmart Best Plans = My First Grader's First Cell Phone!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.

Never in a million years did I think I'd be buying a cell phone for my six year old, let alone one with unlimited talk text and data, but how could I resist the offer from #CollectiveBias to participate in the #Phones4School campaign and take advantage of Walmart's fabulous price plans and a fantastic deal on the Alcatel One Touch Evolve




Walmart makes it super easy and affordable to keep in contact with your loved ones! 






































What a difference a summer can make! I'll admit, I was/am super anxious about the start of the school year - not only is my oldest starting high school, I'm no longer a SAHM in the strictest sense of the term. I started working outside of the house over the summer and while it was a fairly smooth transition, dealing with back to school comes with all new challenges. Communication has always been a huge component in how we manage as a family, but now with more moving parts in the equation, it has become even more crucial to be able to stay in constant contact with even the youngest members of our household.






































That's why taking advantage of the incredible rollback deal on the Alcatel One Touch Evolve and the unbeatable Walmart Family Mobile plan was a no brainer for me. Who wants to spend an arm and a leg for a cell phone for a child, especially when the danger of smashing it to smithereens is ever present? The Alcatel One Touch Evolve ($29.88 smartphone on rollback, regularly priced at $79.88) coupled with the $34.88/month Unlimited Talk Text & Web service plan {applies to first line only and has been decreased from $39.88; the price will remain the same for the life of the service plan for the primary line if purchased during the promotional time period (7/18-10/31)} was all the persuasion I needed to get Lo her first cell phone. Now she can have some tech with all the bells and whistles of my phone, for a far more reasonable price. 


London calling her Gam Gam to tell her about her day



Now I will be able to get in contact with her directly at any time of the day when we are apart {though not during school hours of course}, she will be able to get in touch with me the moment she gets off the bus from school. Bonus: because the plan includes data, I can load her favorite games and apps on to her phone and finally get my devices back to myself {mildly selfish, I know, but don't judge me}

Someone is happy about her new phone!



Not only was the price so right, the help and customer service I received when purchasing the plan made me even more happy with my decision. Activation was super easy and the sales associate that helped me {a nice young man named Darius} made sure to answer all of my questions, set up the phone, and ensured that it was working properly before letting me leave the counter!


How do you deal with the hustle and bustle of the school year? What are your tips and tricks for maintaining contact and coordinating everyone's busy schedule? How old is old enough for a cell phone? And how do you protect your kids and monitor their activities once they have one? My inquiring mind wants to know! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think! And don't forget to stop by your local Walmart so you can take advantage of these awesome deals while they last! Until next time...